On the occasion of World Heart Day, we are telling you five such things, which, if you adopt, will keep your heart happy and safe during the Kovid Pandemic.
World Heart Day 2021The era of Kovid-19 i.e. Corona is not over yet. In such a situation, Wednesday 29 September is being celebrated as World Heart Day. Especially if you have heart disease i.e. heart-related diseases, then Kovid-19 can prove to be fatal for you. If you already have problems like coronary artery disease, high blood pressure and heart failure, then you need to be very alert about the corona epidemic.Also Read – 2236 new Kovid cases in a day in Singapore, strict restrictions extended till October 24
Dr. Karan Chopra, Senior Cardiologist, Zyla Health says – Our pals come with problems like high triglycerides, high cholesterol and hypertension, which put the heart at risk. Most of the people who come with these problems, do not do physical activity, remain under stress and also face these problems due to being overweight. In the beginning, these health problems may seem minor, but gradually they start damaging the arteries of the heart. Also Read – Coronavirus cases In India: Less than 3 lakh active cases of corona, 26,041 people infected in 24 hours
Today, when World Heart Day is being celebrated on 29th September, we will tell you only five such things that if you adopt, then your heart will be happy and safe during the Kovid Pandemic. Also Read – MP: 7 more people infected with corona were found in Mhow Cantonment, the number of new patients reached 37 in 48 hours
Five mantras to keep the heart healthy
- Keep doing regular tasks Governments and health organizations around the world are constantly saying that we have to learn to live with Corona. In the last almost 2 years, to a large extent, we have also learned to live with Kovid-19. If it is not necessary to go out, stay at home. Follow social distancing and also take care of sanitization. Maintain proper cleanliness around you and contact the doctor immediately if you feel any problem.
- Continue healthy eating, yoga-exercise and walk – It is very important for heart patients to maintain a healthy and balanced lifestyle. Do regular exercise and yoga as recommended by the doctor. Do not try any new exercise from your side. You can go for a walk. Stretch the legs and instead of sitting, get up in between and take two rounds at home. Dr. Karan Chopra, Senior Cardiologist at Zyla Health, says that at least 30 minutes of physical activity should be done regularly. Eat healthy food made at home. Take low fat protein in your diet. For this you can consume chicken and seafood. Fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains and dry fruits can be consumed. Apart from this, monitor your blood pressure regularly.
- Take online consultation instead of going to the hospital In the last two years, all of us have made full use of online consultation along with work from home and online classes for children. Most of the doctors are also now giving attention to giving online consultation. By understanding the problems of the patient through phone or video call, doctors diagnose and treat them. Till the time COVID-19 is not completely over, you can contact your doctor for online consultation.
- Remember to take medicines No matter what happens, you should never stop taking any medicine without consulting your doctor. Always remember to take medicines especially for high blood pressure. Also remember that take only those medicines which your doctor recommends, do not start taking any medicine on your own. If you are suffering from any heart disease, then contact the doctor regularly and continue to consume them till the doctor refuses. Senior Cardiologist Dr. Karan Chopra says that youth should also get their lipid profile checked at least once a year and also get their blood pressure checked every month.
- When to seek doctor’s help You understand your body and your suffering the most. Therefore, you understand very well when the help of a doctor should be taken. According to Senior Cardiologist Dr. Karan Chopra, if anyone in your family has ever had a heart attack or you are suffering from BP, cholesterol, triglyceride and obesity, then you should go to the doctor and get it checked regularly. If you are a heart patient, then any of the following symptoms may be a symptom of COVID-19 and you should be alert, get treatment started immediately.
having a dry cough
loss of smell
loss of taste in food
Stomach problems like nausea, vomiting and diarrhea may also occur
chest pain or pressure when walking
sudden drooping of one side of the face
numbness of a part of the body
weakness in hand
vision loss or blurred vision
stuttering while speaking