News ToDay

Top 10 Polluted Cities in World: Delhi, Kolkata and Mumbai included in the top 10 polluted cities of the world, see the full list here

The cities with the worst AQI index include Lahore in Pakistan and Chengdu in China.

Top 10 Polluted Cities in World The top 10 cities in the world with the worst air quality include Delhi, Kolkata and Mumbai in India. The Air Quality Index (AQI) of Delhi is 556, which has reached the top of the list. Kolkata and Mumbai are at the fourth and sixth positions in the list. The index for both the cities was recorded at 177 and 169 respectively. The cities with the worst AQI index include Lahore in Pakistan and Chengdu in China.Also Read – 43 percent of the people of Delhi-NCR said that their family or close ones got dengue, the survey revealed

IQAir is also a technical partner of the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP) – a real-time air quality information platform. According to data from the System of Air Quality and Weather Forecasting and Research (SAFAR), Delhi’s air quality stood at 499 AQI on Saturday morning, while the level of PM 10 and PM 2.5 pollutants in the air was recorded at 134 and 72 AQI, respectively. The Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) recorded 468 AQIs in Anand Vihar, 484 in ITO, 433 in RK Puram and 452 in Sri Aurobindo at 9 am. Also Read – Delhi AQI: Even today, Delhi forced to gasp in poisonous air, Air Quality Index is ringing alarm bells

An AQI between zero and 50 is considered ‘good’, 51 and 100 ‘satisfactory’, 101 and 200 ‘moderate’, 201 and 300 ‘poor’, 301 and 400 as ‘very poor’, then Between 401 and 500 is considered ‘serious’. The Supreme Court on Saturday took a serious look at the severe air pollution in Delhi-NCR and suggested that the government, if necessary, take two steps to bring down the level of air pollution caused by stubble burning, vehicles, firecrackers, industry and dust. May announce a lockdown of days. The Chief Justice said that only 25 per cent pollution is caused by the burning of stubble by farmers and the remaining 75 per cent pollution is caused by burning of crackers, vehicular pollution, dust etc. Also Read – Delhi Excise Policy: No need of separate license for serving liquor at licensed places

List of Top 10 Polluted Cities in the World

  1. Delhi, India (AQI: 556)
  2. Lahore, Pakistan (AQI: 354)
  3. Sofia, Bulgaria (AQI: 178)
  4. Kolkata, India (AQI: 177)
  5. Zagreb, Croatia (AQI: 173)
  6. Mumbai, India (AQI: 169)
  7. Belgrade, Serbia (AQI: 165)
  8. Chengdu, China (AQI: 165)
  9. Skopje, North Macedonia (AQI: 164)
  10. Krakow, Poland (AQI: 160)
,

Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker