The names of 300 Indians are recorded in the Pandora Papers. The offshore holdings of at least 60 prominent personalities and companies have been investigated. More names are expected to be revealed in the coming time.
Pandora papers: Some of the world’s richest and most powerful people are as rich as they appear, sometimes their wealth is much more than that. The only difference is that this property is hidden and it is not known to anyone except a few people. But when such properties are disclosed, the world keeps watching. One such disclosure of secret deals and hidden assets has happened in Pandora Papers, which is a big disclosure related to rich and powerful people.Also Read – After Shastri, Anil Kumble or VVS Laxman can become the new coach of Team India
This leak of 119 million files in the Pandora Papers contains documents on the formation of trusts and companies in places considered to be tax havens such as Panama, Dubai, Monaco, Switzerland and the Cayman Islands. It mentions the names of 35 politicians of the world, including those in power in the current era and former ruling leaders. Apart from this, the names of industrialists and many other celebrities are also in this list. However, there is also a truth that all those who are named in the Pandora Papers have done wrong things, it is not necessary. The Indian Express, a leading English newspaper of the country, has published the revelations related to Pandora Papers in detail. Also Read – Reliance Infra: Big victory for Anil Ambani from Supreme Court, Reliance Infra will get Rs 4600 crore
Looking from the Indian point of view, many industrialists and other celebrities of India also have their names in these papers –
- Sachin Tendulkar – The name of Sachin Tendulkar, who is called the God of Cricket, has also appeared in the Pandora Papers. Let us tell you that Sachin Tendulkar is a member of the Rajya Sabha and his name is taken with great respect in the sports world. Currently he is associated with Mumbai Indians team in IPL. According to the Indian Express, along with Sachin, his wife Anjali Tendulkar, father-in-law Anand Mehta are also named in these papers.
- Anil Ambani – The name of the country’s famous industrialist and chairman of Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group, Anil Ambani, is also in these papers. According to the Indian Express, Anil Ambani and his representatives have 18 offshore companies in Jersey, British Virgin Islands and Cyprus. All these companies were formed between 2007 and 2010, out of which 7 companies took loans and invested $ 1.3 billion (over Rs 9648 crore).
- Kiran Mazumdar Shaw’s husband- In July this year, SEBI banned Allergo Capital Private Limited and its largest shareholder Kunal Ashok Kashyap from trading in the stock market for the next one year. This action was taken after Kunal wrongly earned Rs 24.68 lakh with 12 per cent interest in three and a half years. Apart from this, a fine of Rs 10 lakh each was also imposed for insider trading in the shares of Biocon Ltd. At that time SEBI was not aware that Kunal Kashyap was the settlor of the Deanstone Trust created by Glentech International, formed in Mauritius in July 2015. McCallum Marshall Shaw holds 99 percent of Glentech’s shares and Biocon holds shares in this company. Let us tell you that McCallum Marshall Shaw is a British citizen and husband of Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, executive chairperson of Biocon Limited, a biotechnology enterprise of 7630 crores.
- Nirav Modi – Who does not know about Nirav Modi? The name of diamond trader Nirav Modi, who fled the country with crores of rupees from banks, is also recorded in the Pandora paper. Nirav Modi’s sister Purvi Modi had formed a company in the British Virgin Islands a month before leaving the country in January 2018. This company was formed through Trident Trust Company, Singapore. According to the Indian Express, Brooktone Management Limited was incorporated in December 2017.
- According to the Indian Express, the names of 300 Indians are registered in the Pandora Papers. The offshore holdings of at least 60 prominent personalities and companies have been investigated. More names are expected to be revealed in the coming time. (Input Indian Express)
Also Read – Rohit Sharma has taken his batting to a higher level in the series against England: Sachin Tendulkar