It was also agreed that till then both sides will maintain stability at the ground level in the interim and avoid any untoward incident.
Ladakh News: India and China on Thursday agreed to hold the 14th round of military-level talks at an early date to achieve the objective of completely withdrawing troops from other areas of conflict in eastern Ladakh. According to the statement of the Ministry of External Affairs, in the meeting held through digital medium of the Working Mechanism for Discussion and Coordination on Border Affairs (WMCC), both the sides expressed “clear and depth” regarding the situation along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh. Discussed with and reviewed the developments after the last military level talks held on 10 October.Also Read – IND vs NZ T20, 2nd: Heavy dew will fall during the match, the role of toss is important
The WMCC meeting has shown no sign of any significant outcome other than an agreement to hold the next round of military-level talks. According to the statement of the ministry, “It was agreed that in line with the existing bilateral agreements and protocols, to achieve the objective of a complete withdrawal from all areas of conflict along the LAC in the Western Sector, at some point of time, the senior military The next round (14th) meeting of the commander level will be held. Also Read – IND vs NZ T20: Rohit Sharma ‘slaps’ Mohammed Siraj in dugout, Video Viral
It is noteworthy that the Eastern Ladakh region is officially addressed as the Western Sector. According to the statement, it was also agreed that till then both the sides will maintain stability at the ground level in the interim and avoid any untoward incident. It said, “The two sides also recalled the agreement reached during the meeting between External Affairs Minister Jaishankar and Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi in Dushanbe in September that the two sides will continue to resolve the remaining issues along the LAC in eastern Ladakh.” Will continue to talk. Also Read – IND vs NZ T20: Mark Chapman became the first batsman to score fifty in T20 format for 2 countries, scored 63 runs in both the innings
It is noteworthy that after the 13th round of senior military commander-level meeting, the Indian Army had said that China did not agree to the ‘constructive suggestion’ given by it during the talks and neither did it (China) further No proposal to move towards was presented. At the same time, China’s Foreign Ministry said that both sides will work further to normalize the situation on the border and return from emergency response to normal control situation as soon as possible.
China’s Foreign Ministry said in a statement that in the meeting, China India exchanged clear and in-depth views on the recent situation in the border areas. It said the two sides agreed to further strengthen the current achievements with respect to the withdrawal and to strictly adhere to the agreements reached between the two sides and to avoid repeating that position on the ground.
It said that the two sides agreed to hold talks and dialogue through diplomatic and military channels and continue to actively prepare for the 14th round of military commander-level talks and to resolve the remaining issues along the India-China border. agreed to keep. It is noteworthy that on May 5 last year, the border standoff started after a violent clash between India and China in eastern Ladakh. After this, troops and heavy weapons were deployed on the border from both sides.
Many talks have also taken place at the diplomatic and military level between the two countries to resolve the deadlock. The two sides completed their retreat from the Gogra area last month but a standoff is still going on at some places. At present, 50,000 to 60,000 soldiers are deployed along the Line of Actual Control from both sides.