Welcome to NewsTree - Latest News For You.   Click to listen highlighted text! Welcome to NewsTree - Latest News For You.

India and China corps commanders asked Chinese troops to withdraw from Marathon talks, Galvan Valley, Pengong So

Advertisement

New Delhi The Indian and Chinese armies held a 10-hour corps commander-level talks on Tuesday with the finalization of modalities to repel troops from the conflict zones of eastern Ladakh. Government sources gave this information. He said that during the meeting, the delegation expressed concern over China’s new claim in the area and demanded that the old situation be restored and immediate Chinese troops withdraw from Galvan Valley, Pengong So and other areas.

Advertisement

Government sources said that the talks took place on the Indian side in the Chushul sector near the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh. The meeting started at 11 am and continued till nine in the night. The Indian delegation was led by Lieutenant General Harinder Singh, the commander of the 14th Corps, while the Chinese side was led by Major General Liu Lin of the Tibet Military District. Sources said that the Indian side insisted on strictly following the provisions of the agreements reached between the two countries to resolve the issues related to the border.

He said that the methods of reducing tension at the center of the conversation had to be finalized. Sources said that confidence building measures were also discussed. Formal information about the talks in the meeting has not been given. This is the third dialogue at the Corps Commander level after tensions between the two armies began on May 5. In the first two rounds of talks, the Indian side demanded immediate withdrawal of Chinese troops from various places in the area.

READ  Treason case against Zafarul Islam Khan, this provocative statement was given against India

It is noteworthy that there has been tension between the forces of India and China at various places in eastern Ladakh for the last seven weeks and this tension was further heightened when 20 military personnel of the Indian Army in the violent clash between the soldiers of the two countries in the Galvan Valley on 15 June Martyred. The Chinese side also suffered, but did not make public its information.

In the talks between the two sides on 22 June, there was a mutual agreement to retreat to all tense places in East Ladakh. The first two rounds of talks were held in Moldo on Chinese land near LAC. After the violence in the Galvan Valley, the government has given the armed forces complete freedom to respond to any misadventure in China near the 3500 km long LAC. Last week, the Ministry of External Affairs issued a strong statement that China was responsible for the tension and that in early May, all the consensual forces were deployed and a large number of troops were deployed with the LAC.

In the first round of talks held on June 6 at the level of Lieutenant General, the two sides agreed to gradually withdraw forces from all points, starting from Galvan, where there is a situation of deadlock between the forces of the two countries. However, after the conflict in the Galvan valley, the situation deteriorated and both sides increased the deployment of their troops in the areas adjoining the LAC.

See also:
India and France discuss issues of political importance including defense: foreign minister

READ  This is how the Arogya Setu app works, the corona will start ringing on seeing the patient

China maneuvering along the border, deployed S-400 air missile defense system at LAC

Advertisement
Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button
Close
Close
Click to listen highlighted text!