Even if your mobile number is not connected to your Aadhaar, you can still get a new PVC Aadhaar card made for your whole family. In October this year, UIDAI introduced a polyvinyl chloride (PVC) card. It looks like an ATM card. Now UIDAI has launched a new facility. Under this, a family member can create PVC cards for all the members using their mobile number.
Read more: PMAYY: Here are five things to keep in mind if you want to get a subsidy under the Prime Minister’s Housing Scheme
This way you can order
According to the existing rules, there is a provision to send OTP to the mobile number registered in the Aadhaar card. However, UIDAI has now extended OTP facility to non-registered mobile numbers as well. In such cases family members can order PVC cards from the rest of the members. But there will be two options. Aadhaar preview will not be available on the registered number. Where registered mobile has this facility.
Aadhaar is like an ATM card
The base PVC card is fully weather-proof, luxuriously printed and laminated. You can take it everywhere now without worrying about it being damaged by rain. Your Aadhaar PVC can now be ordered by ordering online. At the same time, the new base in the form of a plastic card is durable, attractive in appearance and features the latest protection. Protection features will include holograms, gillocho patterns, ghost images and microtext.
Aadhaar with ATM for only 50 rupees
The new Aadhaar is not as expensive as a debit-credit card. Considering the benefit of the common man, UIDAI kept a fee of only Rs 50. Experts say that the PVC base comes easily in your wallet and equipped with many protective features makes it even more convenient. Also, the fee that is kept for this is not too heavy in the pocket.
Such base PVC card will be made at home
- You need to visit the UIDAI website for a new Aadhaar PVC card.
- Go to my Aadhaar section here and click on Order Aadhaar PVC Card.
- You then enter the 12-digit number as a 16-digit virtual ID or a 28-digit Aadhaar enrollment ID.
- Now you fill in the security code or captcha and click on send OTP for OTP.
- Next, fill in the blanks provided to the OTP received on the registered mobile and submit.
- Now you will get a preview of Aadhaar PVC card.
- Then you click on the payment option given below.
- After that you will go to the payment page, here you have to deposit a fee of Rs 50 here.
- After payment, your Aadhaar PVC card ordering process will end
- After the whole process is completed, UIDAI will print the Aadhaar and deliver the Indian Post within five days. After that, the postal department will deliver it to your home via speed post.