Big news has come for EPFO subscribers. The last date for linking UAN-Aadhaar has now been extended till December 31.
Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has given some relief to EPFO subscribers in the matter of linking EPF account with Aadhaar. The linking deadline has been extended till December 31. Earlier its last date was 31 August. EPFO has given this information through social media.Also Read – New PF Rules: If you also need money, then do this work, you will get 1 lakh rupees in an hour, know- how?
If you do not link the EPFO and Aadhar number by December 31, then the contribution from the company to your account will stop. Apart from this, you may also face trouble in withdrawing money from EPF account. If the EPF account holder’s account is not linked with Aadhaar, then they will not be able to use the services of EPFO. Also Read – Aadhaar Card Latest Update: Will you be able to choose your preferred Aadhaar number like car and bike number? Know what UIDAI said…
Know- what is its process? Also Read – EPF Withdrawal Claim: Your EPF withdrawal claim may be rejected due to these five reasons, get complete information here
- First you go to the EPFO portal epfindia.gov.in.
- Login to your account using UAN and Password.
- Click on the KYC option in the “Manage” section.
- On the page that opens, you can see several documents related to your EPF account.
- Select the Aadhar option and type your Aadhar number and your name on the Aadhar card and click on save.
- The information provided by you will be secured, your Aadhaar will be verified with the data of UIDAI.
- Once your KYC documents are correct, your Aadhar will be linked to your EPF account and you will get “Verify” written against your Aadhar details.
The contribution of both the employee and the employer is deposited in the account.
Under the EPFO Act, 12 percent of the employee’s basic salary plus DA goes to the EPF account, then the employer (company) also contributes 12% of the employee’s basic salary plus DA. Out of the 12 percent contribution of the company, 3.67 percent goes to the PF account of the employee and the remaining 8.33 percent goes to the Employees’ Pension Scheme. Interest is getting 8.50% per annum on EPF account.
Know what is UAN?
As soon as the employee is registered with the Provident Fund Organization (EPFO), the employee becomes a member of this organization and along with it he is also issued a 12 digit UAN (Universal Account Number). With the help of this number, the facilities of EPFO can be used online. With the help of UAN number, an employee can not only check his PF account passbook online, but he can also check his PF (provident fund) balance online.