Morris Garage (MG) is launching its first electric SUV ZS-EV in India. This car will launch on 23 January. The MG ZS EV’s electric motor generates power of 141 bhp and torque of 353 Nm. The company claims that this SUV will accelerate from 0 to 100 kilometers per hour in 8.5 seconds. It has a 44.5 kWh (Ultra High Density) battery which is also water and dust proof. The length of this SUV is 4114 mm, width 1809 mm and height 1620 mm. Let’s know more about this SUV
ZS EV pre-booking starts
After the success of MG Hector, MG has started pre-booking its all-electric SUV ZS EV. In the first phase, this SUV will be available for sale in only five cities in India. You will be able to buy it in Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad and Bangalore only. As the availability of the charging station increases in the country, the company will start selling it in other cities as well.
Facilities available in ZS EV
- The list of features found in the ZS EV is quite long. This electric SUV will get features such as automatic projector headlamps with LED DRLs, an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system, tire pressure monitoring system, 17-inch alloy wheels and electric parking brake.
- Apart from this, MG Motor will also provide on-board cable, which can be fitted in a wall socket. Also, the company is installing DC fast charging network in its select MG showrooms. MG Motor has revealed that the Electric ZS will have an updated version of Hector’s infotainment system.
- The company is preparing to make ZS EV the number one brand in the world of electric cars. To become a leader in the electric car market, MG will first start assembling it in India. After this the company will also set up its own battery unit in India. The company will invest Rs 5,000 crore in a battery unit.
MG has left no stone unturned to give a strong look to its first electric SUV. It looks more crossover than the compact SUV, which works to make its look more luxurious. Its 17-inch alloys work to give it a sporty look. Along with this, the tail lamp, wide chrome grille and curves help it become a great SUV. The company has also done a lot of work to give the interior a great look. The ZS EV’s cabin looks clean. An attempt has been made to keep the dash board simple. According to the auto expert, this is a great package for the electric SUV segment. However, customer feedback will be awaited.
Six airbags are being provided in this new SUB. It has front seat side impact airbags and side curtain airbags. The SUV has achieved a five-star safety rating in crash ratings in Europe.
Preservation of CO2
This ZS EV SUB will also give its full support in preserving the environment. You can also share carbon dioxide conservation data with friends with the help of iSmart app while traveling with this car.
Panoramic Sky Roof
The MG ZS EV SUB has a roof panoramic sunroof. This helps you get fresh air and proper illumination during the journey. Along with this, a real view camera is also available in it.
The air-conditioning unit of MG ZS EV has a Perticulate Matter (PM) 2.3 filter. It delivers fresh and pure air inside your car and maintains air quality.
ISmart EV 2.0
The Smart EV 2.0 technology has been used in it. Through this, connectivity applications will be provided with better facilities which will make driving simpler and more comfortable.
- The ZS EV has a flat floor that helps improve its legroom. It can seat two in front and three passengers easily. The driver’s seat can also be adjusted electrically.
- The MG ZS EV coming to the Indian market is similar to the model sold in the UK. The ZS EV is compact like the Hyundai Creta.
- AC Fast Charger MG is providing AC Fast Charger for free with the purchase of this car. Also installing at home or office.
- The portable charger company is also offering a portable charger in the car. However, this will take 16 to 18 hours to charge the battery 80 percent.
- Mobile charging support and road side assistance have also been provided during the mobile charging emergency. The company claims that it will give 24 * 7 assistance.
- DC Fast Charger MG dealerships will have DC Superfast Chargers available 24 hours a day. With these super fast chargers, the car battery will be 80% charged in 40 minutes.
- The Android-Apple car dashboard has an 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment unit. It can also be connected to Android Auto and Apple Car Play.
- In 40 minutes, 80 percent of the SUV’s battery will be charged with DC charger
- ZS EV is expected to be priced between Rs 20 to 23 lakhs
- ZS EV SUV will travel 340 km once full charge
Will compete with hyundai corner
MG Motors’ electric SUV ZS will compete directly with Hyundai’s Kona Electric. The Hyundai Kona runs approximately 452 km on a single charge. The corner costs around Rs 23 lakh. At the same time, the price of ZS is expected to be around this. MG Motors is starting the manufacturing of this SUV at its plant in Halol, Gujarat. MG Motor has tied up with two companies Agicom Telesystems and Belgian Umicor, the Global Materials Technology and Recycling Group, for all battery-related operations. The company will initially produce 100 units of this SUV. Later, it will increase production to 200 to 300 units per month depending on the demand.